Thursday, April 5, 2007

King Henrik Does Not Like Attractive Women

Henrik Lunqvist got himself in a little hubbub with some Long Island women...don't you know a goalie's got to defend his crease? Especially after the Simon incident, King Henrik was probably fearing his life when someone in Islanders garb came somewhere near him.

"[T]eams of three Ice Girls clean loose ice known as "snow" in the goal and the blue-painted goaltender's crease in front of the goal line. But Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist declined to move and used his stick to whack the squeegee Kelli Higgins, 23, was using to push the snow into a pile during the first TV timeout, knocking the butt end of the squeegee stick into her stomach. "I said 'Excuse me' maybe two or three times," Higgins said Wednesday. "He didn't move and didn't say anything, so I gave up and went around him. "The tip of my squeegee kind of hit the tip of his stick. I don't know if he thought I did that on purpose or whatever, but he took a big windup and slashed the squeegee pretty good. "

Emphasis by me. Damn, the jokes just keep writing themselves.

2 comments:

FireSather said...

Rawris. Don't disturb the King at work.

Jerry Swiatek said...

haha...that's so great. He should have dropped his gloves and let her have it in true hockey fashion. He has to protect his crease, right?

(note: I do not condone violence against women...please realize the above comment was sarchasm)