Thursday, March 8, 2007

An Effortless Wrap-Up for an Effortless Game

So...really great game last night, boys.


(This may or may not have been me)

- It was such a solid effort, that I fell asleep during the 3rd period. That’s right, ASLEEP! Which is pretty much the way you guys played last night. You know what? I don’t even blame Colorado trapping for a boring game (I’ll save that for this weekend when we play Minnesota and Jersey), even though it was pointed out on the telecast that it was an obvious trap.

- But maybe I shouldn’t complain. The AHL’ers played like AHL’ers (all of them), and Teppo played like he really is (old). This has probably been a few games coming.

- It wasn’t all bad though, the first ten minutes were solid, and then Jochen Hecht turned into the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man after he tried to defend Briere. After that, it was all downhill. The Sabres got scared once the Avalanche started playing them physically, and their game went south. They skated around wondering what this newfangled “trap” was, and mailed the game in.

- Vanek, Roy, and Stafford? That line played last night?? Completely honest, I did not even hear Vanek’s name until late in the second period. I hadn’t noticed that he was even dressed and playing before then.

- I couldn’t even be happy about Sakic scoring the game-winning goal…they took it away from him and gave it to Wolski!

- The Stastny family has been killing Buffalo for the last 25 years. The tradition continues…

- Two points wasted, plain and simple. I know a team can’t give 110% effort every night, but they can at least try, damnit! That being said, we still only lost by one goal. But now we have two weekend snoozefests, of which Ty Conklin will be playing one of them. Give Minnesota or Jersey the two points now and save me 2 ½ hours of boredom. I might live blog one of them just to keep me awake.

No comments: